Frequently Asked Questions

Can I pay with a Credit Card?

The AAC is currently unable to accept payments with credit cards. Fees can be paid with cash, checks, or money orders/cashier checks/certified checks only.

Can I get a promoter’s license at the event?

No. All promoters shall be licensed and have their event permit form submitted to the AAC a minimum of thirty (30) days out from the event.

How can I get a participant’s/competitor’s license?

Applications can be found on this website and mailed to the AAC with a copy of your photo ID and application fee. Participant/Competitor licenses can also be applied for on site, when an AAC representative is present. If you are a wrestler, it is a good idea for you to get your license in advance of an event because there is no guarantee that a Commission Representative will be attending every event, as Wrestling Events are subject to “spot checks.”

When does my license expire?

All licenses expire on December 31 of the year issued.

Do I have to provide my Social Security Number and Photo ID?

Yes. The State of Alabama requires that we obtain a Social Security Number and Photo ID from every person licensed under a Board, Agency, or Commission.

When do I need to get a competitor’s license in Alabama?

You only need to get a competitor’s license in Alabama if you are participating/competing in a sanctioned event in Alabama. Boxer’s residing in the State of Alabama must get their Federal Boxing Identification Number and/or renewal through the AAC, but do not need to be licensed through the state until competing in a sanctioned event within the State.

What is an “Unsanctioned/Non-Sanctioned” Event?

An Unsanctioned/Non-Sanctioned event is any event occurring in the State of Alabama where the promoter(s) have not received the proper licensing and/or submitted an event form to the AAC. These events are illegal and subject to the penalty of law.

Who do I contact with medical questions related to an upcoming event?

All competitors shall provide the AAC with the results of their blood work and any other medical examination(s) and/or medical reports. The AAC shall work with the promotion to collect and update the status of the competitor’s medical submissions.

I'm coming to compete in Alabama from outside the United States, what additional steps do I need to take to get a license?

First, you are able to apply for your respective license(s) on the date of the weigh-in. All prospective competitors shall have submitted all required medical tests to MedLic at lease two days in advance of the weigh-in.

You shall not be licensed without a photo copy of at least one of these accepted forms of identification:

  • I-327 Re-entry Permit
  • I-551 Permanent Resident Card
  • I-571 Refugee Travel Document
  • I-766 Employment Authorization Card
  • I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Unexpired Foreign Passport
  • Temporary I-551 Stamp (on passport or I-94)
  • I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for non-immigrant (F-1) student status
  • DS 2019 Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
  • Machine readable immigrant Visa (with temporary I-551 language)